Monday, May 9, 2016

Morbidex Twiceborn

Morbidex Twiceborn has always honoured his debts, and to the Nurglings of his master’s garden he owes a great deal indeed. Born in fire, the man who became the Lord of Nurglings was badly disfigured in his youth. Blaming flame-wreathed Tzeentch for his misfortune, he made it his life’s work to seek out the Architect of Fate’s arch-enemy, Grandfather Nurgle. In the end, it was Nurgle that found him. Whilst climbing a high peak that led into the Realm of Chaos, the young aspirant was buried alive under an avalanche of Nurglings. The daemon mites were of good humour, and posed Morbidex riddles in exchange for their help. For every quandary he got right, they squished him upwards, but for every wrong answer, they gifted him a physical attribute that echoed their own. Since his slimy rebirth amid that avalanche, Morbidex has become more powerful than ever. In Rotwater Blight he rides to battle once more on his pox maggoth Tripletongue, gaggles of faithful Nurglings swarming in his wake.





This was fun to paint! It's been quite a while since I tackled anything this large. It was actually pretty fast to paint as well, finished over the course of a single weekend. This is a fantastic centerpiece for my Nurgle army.

I had to order a 100mm round base because I bought this model back during the End of Times and it only came with a rectangular one then. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but was so happy with how the model turned out I wanted to get these pics up on the site. This model had been magnetized at the waist of the rider so I can field all three of the Maggoth Lords. I built the beast as Tripple Tongue because I liked that head best. Obviously this will be 'wrong' for the other Maggoth Lords, but the guys I play with don't mind. The rider will mark which of the Maggoth Lords has come to the battlefield.

The other riders will be painted soon, but I am furiously painting Nurglings in order to take advantage of Morbidex's abilities to swamp the field with the little buggers...

No comments:

Post a Comment