Monday, May 23, 2016

Gutrot Spume

Gutrot Spume fought his way to lordship over the fjord tribes many decades ago, and amassed a fleet of captured vessels that he was only too pleased to lead to war. The self-styled Lord of Tentacles was a proud warrior, known to the north by the set of pseudopods that bristled across the left side of his body. Many claimed these appendages to be the signs of Nurgle’s favour, for they numbered seven, a numeral beloved of the Lord of Decay, and they often seemed to have a life of their own. The extra limbs afforded Spume an unusual edge in battle, allowing him to entangle several foes at once before striking them down.



I love this model, but I'm not sure I'm happy with the paint job. He was much brighter initially, but he didn't look right with my Putrid Blightkings so I went back and dulled him down. Now he might be too dark. Oh, well... I still have a pile of models to paint so I guess I'll move on for now. He looks good on the table surrounded by my other Rotbringers! I'll have to take some 'action' shots sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Gutrot is an awesome model and is high on my list of models to paint. I think I'd personally go with a brighter colour pallet but thats just me. The whole 'happy go lucky' aspect of Nurgle really appeals to me, so in my mind 'dark and brooding' should be reserved for the likes of Khorne.
    Anyway, love the blog and can't wait for more Nurgle'ness!
    Visit mine sometime, it's new but I plan of a lot of Nurgle'sque content in the future and I'd love to get your opions on some of my projects. http://inthepaintroom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete