Friday, May 6, 2016

Maulblade the Doomkin

My Nurgle Chaos Lord is named Maulblade the Doomkin. He is sort of the Eternal Champion of my Chaos collections as I've had several models to carry the name over the years. You can see my Oldhammer version on my Stro'Knor Macekiller blog. They share nothing in common beyond the name. While I intend to eventually paint all of the named characters GW currently supports, I always enjoy having my own aspiring icon!


I simply painted him in the same colors as my Blightkings and he may serve as a champion in one of the units in the future when I've painted some of the 'name' characters.

While I am interested in seeing the new point values due out this summer I am enjoying just building a meandering force. Currently I have...

Maulblade the Doomkin (Lord of Plagues)
Addlecroft (Rotbringer Sorcerer)
Quor (Harbinger of Decay)
Festus the Leechlord
Gutrot Spume
Morbidex Twiceborn (but the rider is magnetized to be able to field any of the others)
The Glottkin
20 Putrid Blightkings (and Maulblade makes 21... see my last post)

3 Varanguard (converted to bear Blightking riders)

Herald of Nurgle
20 Plaguebearers of Nurgle
12 Bases of Nurglings
2 Beasts of Nurgle

Skaven Plaguepriest
20 Plague Monks
5 Plague Censer Bearers
Plague Furnace

Not sure when I'll get around to painting all of this, but I like that Age of Sigmar encourages varied collections (at least for the time being). When I am tired of painting Blightkings, I can paint a unit of Skaven and use them on the table without committing to painting an entire chittering horde.

Bringing out one of the big guns next week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's an amazing collection, would love to see one of the varanguard!

    ReplyDelete