Sunday, July 24, 2016

Chaos Warriors

With the arrival of the General's Handbook, I decided to focus on making sure I have a 'legal' army for matched play. We'll probably play more narrative games than matched ones, but it seemed good to be able to do both. I need more Battleline Units and the first reinforcements actually come from models I painted years ago...


Twelve Chaos Warriors dedicated to Nurgle were painted with the advent of eighth edition in an attempt to raise a new army after being away from the game for years. Yes, one of the house rules we adopted aright away is to allow partial units by simply doing the math - Chaos Warriors are 18 points each. I didn't get far with this project as these models and five Chaos Marauders were all I managed. The Marauders were conversions using plastic kits from Orcs, Marauders, and Zombies for a wretched, Nurgly appearance...






However, after a quick rebasing, these models are all a welcome addition to my Chaos Alliance army. I need to paint five more Marauders to bring them up to strength to join the muster. I also have around 30 Beastigor and 5 Centigor to add more troops. The later are particularly needed as my existing force is slow and devoid of ranged weapons except for a few sorcerers.

I also found a Chaos Warband I'd forgotten about, also destined for rebasing (plus there are enough zombies to add another unit, though then I loose my Alliance benefits)!


My brother and I are playing a small 1300-point game tonight to try out the point values and I'll post some pics of the action later in the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment